WW2 US Navy MTB Ron 12 PT Boat Japanese Taps and Dies Set

TCSchultz

I recently found this set of Japanese Taps and Dies made by the Tanoi Manufacturing Company that were brought back by a U. S. Navy Motor Machinist's Mate from Motor Torpedo Squadron 12 MTB 12 in 1944 with the original capture paper and I added in the Squadron Patch as well as the PT Boat patches and rating. The set is complete and the metal tag translates to "Screw Type English" along with the maker's name. The tools are all there and appear to have plastic wrapping still in place and are housed in this lidded wooden box. Not sure which PT Boat he was on as the Navy Muster Rolls only list the squadron and not the boats for him. Nice bringback and must have been fun to get home being so heavy!

post-17286-0-63519200-1577802174_thumb.jpg

post-17286-0-81813700-1577802188_thumb.jpg

post-17286-0-95698100-1577802204_thumb.jpg

I agree and I suspect he figured he could use them as he was a Motor Machinist's Mate and they were English Screw Type taps. Still interesting item and complete which is the best part as it would have been easy to lose a piece or two in the last 75 years!

Very cool and very different bringback!

I purchases a WW2 Japanese paper cutter from the estate of a WW2 vet that served in a photography unit in the USAAF. Sometimes items were better as a useful tool than just a cool souvenir.