Need help with Alaska Defence Cmd. Ike .

davekj

Thanks again fellows. I need a set of those transitional US collar brass. If anyone could help I’d like to find and buy a pair. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, InchonJoe said:

Thanks again fellows. I need a set of those transitional US collar brass. If anyone could help I’d like to find and buy a pair. Thank you. 

Which ones, these? Item was up, but no one bought it, maybe it will be relisted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Korean-War-Air-Force-Collar-Discs/133538254852?hash=item1f17801004:g:TeIAAOSwA-9faVTk

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/348418-rare-silvernickle-transitional-usaf-prop-and-wing-em-disc-pair-up-for-grabs/

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 5:23 PM, InchonJoe said:

Hello fellows. I am a casual collector of Korean war and early Cold War militaria and I have need of your expertise. I hope this is appropriate as it involves an Alaskan Army defense command “bear patch.”

Maybe some of you could explain how this happens!

How did an Army patch end up on an air

force Ike jacket? Also, I never saw these transitional enlisted prop/wing insignia in silver before. At list one of them is definitely sterling. The only ribbon on the uniform was the army good conduct. 

I am no expert but this does not have the look of feel of a “frankenjacket.”  The only thing I added was the US collar insignia.  I await the debate!  Thanks fellas!

51742477-C9CD-46CE-9DA9-EC9010AA59E0.jpeg

9C013B33-F652-4433-A9C5-59C06815C107.jpeg

EDFCF1E3-AE75-4899-86B7-4D6EBEE25E56.jpeg

Could also mean this sergeant was assigned to the 5001st Composite Wing or 5th Liaison Squadron at Ladd AFB during the blues transitional period. Both units had personnel imbedded with the U.S. Army.