Ordnance v. Transportation Corps. Piping?

DimensionPizza

DimensionPizza

I have an unnamed WW2 garrison cap with what I've always seen as Transportation Corps. piping. However, seeing listings on ebay for both Ordnance and Transportation Corps. piping with almost identical looking piping have got me confused. The cap in question has a deep red and golden piping. Is there any surefire way to determine the difference between the two?

Thanks in advance,
S.B.

I have an unnamed WW2 garrison cap with what I've always seen as Transportation Corps. piping. However, seeing listings on ebay for both Ordnance and Transportation Corps. piping with almost identical looking piping have got me confused. The cap in question has a deep red and golden piping. Is there any surefire way to determine the difference between the two?

Thanks in advance,

S.B.

The Transportation Corps Primary branch color is Brick Red, Ordnance is Crimson, Tough to tell sometimes Crimson from Brick Red.

Brick Red TC

us%5Etcvf.gif

s-l400.jpg

Having said all that, as you study this more and more and handle original branch related stuff, like garrison caps, shoulder patches, even guidons, you be able to get the hang of it, in example, while the two branch colors for Trans and Ord are similar, they're different, Tran's secondary color you'll notice is more of say a Lemon Yellow color, while Ord is more of Golden Yellow color.

post-6492-1295490763.jpg

DimensionPizza

I suppose my original TC hypothesis is true, then. The cap is closer in color to the TC piping in the last guide you posted than the Ordnance- the red color is dark on my example. Unfortunately I don't yet have an ordnance cap in my possession for me to truly tell the difference, though I figure I'll get my hands on one someday soon. Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

And Trans, here the color is darker red.

attachicon.giftp.jpg

The Yellow is just about the same shade as the ORD one I posted, but this is due to the photo really, it will be a more light shade of Yellow

post-34986-0-63288300-1577685931_thumb.jpg