Easy_Green helmet on Ebay selling for big buck

Justin

One of the 517th helmets, I believe.

Yes one of the 517th- There was a thread on Trigger Time about it but the photos and most of the interesting content were deleted a long time ago.

Talking about Easy Green helmets, I recenty saw one of his creations sell for big bucks at a French Militaria sale; a Red Bull Div with frontal NCO rank.

Yes one of the 517th- There was a thread on Trigger Time about it but the photos and most of the interesting content were deleted a long time ago.

Talking about Easy Green helmets, I recenty saw one of his creations sell for big bucks at a French Militaria sale; a Red Bull Div with frontal NCO rank.

Always humourous to me that "serious" collectors willing to spend that much money on a helmet can't identify reproduction parts...

Which is the fake helmet in De Trez book?

517th PRCT helmet on pages 73-77. Mark Patterson(now the disgraced admin, "Sparky" on Trigger Time) was behind making this fake and knew it was fake when he submitted it. DeTrez trusted him.

sadly many of the helmets that are thought to be original are fakes, even the ones shown by respected members of this forum, it seems that people have too many "rare helmets" these days?

especially sellers that specialize in helmets, they seem to find them so often, how can that happen?

if it's worth money somebody will try to recreate it

how could 100 - 300 rare helmets show up on the market? when most soldiers didnt bring back their unit marked or DDAY used helmets

and more will show up.

I bet most soldiers even didnt even want their helmet when they were done with it.

I was following this listing just to see how much it would sell for and was also surprised. It's unfortunate this one was thought to be original. I recently bought a Polish WZ50 from him so like others mentioned it looks like he has a mix of bad and good helmets

RememberThe5thESB

It boggles the mind that someone could see a helmet so rusted on white markings, showing at least age and use (being in the elements etc), yet a helmet that shows no paint loss along the rim (not a dead give away but I've got lots of steel pots that were even lightly used and if it had the stainless rim theres almost always paint gone) and think that's normal. Boggles the mind.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk