Wwii aerial photos-help identifying writing

bamascvreb

Picked up a grouping of wwii aerial photos. Need some help with all the marks on them. I know some of them but do not know what the numbers are in parenthesis and the two sectuons of numbers on second row at the end(after the date). Any photography experts out there please let me know thoughts.

post-13357-0-19936300-1577409940_thumb.jpeg

post-13357-0-46731600-1577409960_thumb.jpeg

Could be map numbers. I tried lat/long numbers but those didnt work. Ill try and seatch a little on mapping system we used during wwii and see if can find anything

• 1 year later...

I believe I've found where these photographs were take, when, and why.

The first photograph showing BRDG AT ROME I believe is taken at Rome, Tennessee on what's now the Lebanon Highway.  See screen capture below.  By the way, that bridge that crosses over the highway upon closer examination looks to be the same as what's in your photograph as far the number of cross beams and structure.  Plus the house/building along with the square-shaped piece of land on the left hand side in the center of your original photograph matches that in the screen shot below with the house/building towards the upper right with the square-shaped property and green grass.

a4.jpg

The rest of the photographs I believe were taken in the same area.  Specifically, the PONTOON BRIDGE AT WOODS FERRY was taken right around Woods Ferry, Tennessee and the others, Lofton Bridge and the other one would've been taken somewhere in the and around the same area.

Here's information I feel gives credence to my belief regarding what I've said.  Note the timeframe/dates of the photographs and those of the newspaper articles as well as reference to Woods Ferry and pontoon bridge/s.

Source:  Newspapers.com

a3.jpg

a3a.jpg

a3b.jpg

a3c.jpg

5 minutes ago, 268th C.A. said:

That's hard Core war games....Maneuver's.  Nice detective work too! 

Thanks you!  Now that's what I call some serious training.  I hope the OP sees this but they haven't been on the forum since January.

10 hours ago, Daniele said:

Ooops!!!

Totally wrong 🙄 I thought it was Rome Italy

Hey, at least you tried, which I appreciate.  That would've been the natural thought regarding Rome, Italy.  The other thing is your post at least inspired me to check into this again and I was able to come up with something, so for that I'm grateful to you.  Take care...Matt