San Antonio Iron Works Hilt Section Knife/Sheath

1srelluc

I picked this one up in a gun/knife trade this morning. I saw one go-off this morning on eBay with a questionable sheath go for $686.00

DSCN9539-2.jpg

DSCN9542-2.jpg

DSCN9541-2.jpg

DSCN9540-2.jpg

As part of the trade I also got a Augusta Arsenal refurbed M1911A1.

DSCN9544-2.jpg

Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing these.

Thanks, I was trading with a friend of many years that really wanted a US Army M1909 revolver I found a couple of weeks ago so I figure it was a wash money-wise and I sorta wanted the knife because it once belong to a mutual friend that passed a couple of years back. He was sort of a mentor to us both as far as collectible guns/blades go.

I was also OK with the M1911A1 rebuild because I have a AA refurbed M1911 to go with it.

DSCN9545-2.jpg

Very nice one. I have not seen a SAIW sheath with the rivets at the throat before.

I'm thinking that they were applied at some point by a end-user. Makes some sense really.

Very nice knife, been on the hunt for one of those for a while. Walked the entire SOS last year and found only one not nearly as nice and the guy wanted $850.00.

Thanks for showing.

Nice blade! Just makes me wonder how many Patton swords were used in making a lot of knives. Read in Cole's as I recall, that each sword could be made into 3 knives. Talk about multi-purposing. SKIP