US NAVY PATCH ID... HELP?

Travd3

This patch was in a collection of items from, US navy pilot LCDR Keith F. Albrect, He served during WWII, Korea, & Vietnam. I believe the patch to be Korea or Vietnam era. It has an embroidered edge as opposed to the earlier cut edge. According to some of his rating paperwork, he flew fixed wing and helo's.

post-135677-0-75592000-1576944536.jpg

Thank you for starting me in a direction... I can’t seem to find anything like it. The other issue is whether it is ZZ or NN depending on which way it is turned.

Are there any ZZ on NN tail codes on naval aircraft? I'm an AF guy so I can't help you much but I know the navy has a two letter code on aircraft tails like the USAF does. ZZ in the USAF is for 18th wing assigned aircraft at Kadena, Okinawa. The other thing that may play into this: was he ever an exchange pilot with the USAF? If so, maybe he was at Kadena. The patch appears Japan made so that may all dovetail. But, just guessing.

Randy

Randy...never thought about the exchange pilot idea. I am not sure if he was , as I only have his rating cards and id. I have been trying to look his records up online, but haven’t found much. I had run across the Kadena ZZ patch before, but disregarded due to being Air Force. Will check into it again along the lines of exchange pilot. Unfortunately, most of my experience is with the ground, either with a ruck or landing on it. Not well versed when it comes to pilot flight info.