"May God Help My Marines."- Hue City, 1968, Tet Offensive.

ArtyScout

Hello All;

Well now that the Admiral Graf Spee was finished I thought I'd come back to Vietnam again. I'm starting up a small vignette with mostly figures and this little beauty; the M274 Mule w/106mm Recoilless Rifle. I added some 106mm rounds and a C-rations box and it was weathered entirely with pastels. There will be more pics to follow as I progress with this project. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-156853-0-81725100-1576825349_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-31477400-1576825360_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-81153200-1576825370_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone thanks for looking and the comments. Yes Lars this is the Dragon kit, that comes with the driver and another figure. I'll probably be on hiatus for the holidays and take up the build in the new year, so I want to wish everyone on the forum a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous Happy New Year.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Nice piece...small rub, the containers for the rounds are black in color, no yellow stripe. They are black with white ink lettering. I have an original in the fibre tube but the file is to large.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice piece...small rub, the containers for the rounds are black in color, no yellow stripe. They are black with white ink lettering. I have an original in the fibre tube but the file is to large.

Hey thanks AAC for the critique on the round tubes. Nothing a little Flat Black paint can't handle.

Now onto the figures.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 1 month later...

Happy February! Hello all! It's been over a month since I posted any updates, that's because I decided to do 7 figures all at once. I still have two more to do. But I'm posting what I've got done now. The 106mm round canisters have been repainted black, as AAC had pointed out and I also added a jerry can to the Mule. I did a lot of work on the figures; which are from Bravo6 and Master Box, but my camera was not up to the task today; although the pics of the M274 Mule came out pretty good. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-156853-0-21152100-1581317397_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-44520500-1581317413_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-50083700-1581317427_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-95674700-1581317441_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-42363600-1581317457_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-70939600-1581317472_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update, Manny. Excellent paintjob on the figures. Top notch painting and pigment weathering of the Mule as well. Keep up your great work!

Hi Manny. Your Mule kicks arse, so to speak.

I recently picked up an artifact of a US Navy WWII DE. Inspired in part by your Graf Spee model, I decided to build a model of one to help display it. This will be my first attempt at model building since about 1982. It should be fun, but my end result should be good for a laugh.

Mikie

Hi Manny. Your Mule kicks arse, so to speak.

I recently picked up an artifact of a US Navy WWII DE. Inspired in part by your Graf Spee model, I decided to build a model of one to help display it. This will be my first attempt at model building since about 1982. It should be fun, but my end result should be good for a laugh.

Mikie

Hey Mikie, thanks for the comment of the mule.

I'll be looking forward to your WWII DE model. All I can say is take your time and enjoy the build.

I'll bet its going to come out alright. Have faith.

Semper Fi.

Manny

I'll be looking forward to your WWII DE model. All I can say is take your time and enjoy the build.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thank you Manny for the inspiration and encouragement. Unfortunately that "take your time" thing is my big failing at things like this.

Mikie

I did a little tweaking on my Marine RTO. There will be some more tweaking later. Started on my last 2 figures.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-2052-0-74126800-1582136578_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone; I just finished my last two figures (I still need to their rifles) and here they are. After some possible tweaking I'll be starting the diorama. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi

Manny

post-156853-0-10104500-1582438819_thumb.jpg

Semper Fi.

Manny

May I ask one tiny little bit of advice? Is there some online resource to look up color samples for the various colors used for ships?

The DE I'm building had a dazzle paint job and I'd like to match the colors. They are listed in the instructions, but the guide is in black and white.

Thanks for any sage advice.

Mikie