Combat Used USMC ACH Helmet

BSRmilitaria

Hi guys,

I wanted to share of my favorite USMC ACH find of 2019. I got this helmet directly from the veteran who shared his name, and even photos of it being used in Afghanistan (though asked to keep these private). This was his combat worn helmet used during OEF in 2011. He was wearing this throughout his entire deployment, including during 2 major events.

1 - This solider was wearing the helmet on October 15th, while maneuvering from a cornfield and into an irrigation ditch. The soldier was following directly behind his squad leader, when his squad leader stepped on an IED. Both legs of the squad leader were been blown off. Despite this solider suffering injuries from the explosion, he saved his squad leaders life.

2 - On October 18th, only days after encountering his first IED, this soldier’s next mission was to conduct a night patrol. A sudden moment of familiar occurred when the same thing happened again. The person in front of him stepped on an IED, losing one leg. Again, this soldier despite suffering injuries, and taking incoming fire, saved the life of the injured squad member.

Because of his actions, this soldier received the Bronze Star with Valor for his efforts and a Purple Heart due to his injuries.

Hope you all enjoy!

William

post-170153-0-57194100-1576679489_thumb.jpeg

post-170153-0-62175200-1576679500_thumb.jpeg

post-170153-0-11478800-1576679577_thumb.jpeg

A very special helmet. Thankfully this Marine made it home safely. Thank you for sharing it.

Thank you Bill!

William

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Very nice, I dont think I've seen a chinstrap with foliage green hardware and tan webbing, was it made specifically for marine ACHs?

Very nice, I dont think I've seen a chinstrap with foliage green hardware and tan webbing, was it made specifically for marine ACHs?

Thank you very much! I am not sure, though this is exactly as I received it.

Thanks again,

William

That's a foliage chinstrap that is very faded and dirty.

You'll only see that chinstrap on USMC helmets. When the corps couldn't get enough ECH's, they had to put in a stop gap measure for ACHs. That chinstrap is more like a canvas material and is a lot more rigid than your standard ACH chinstrap.

• 3 weeks later...

That one definitely a keeper. It's not everyday that you get to see a helmet knowing so much about where it's been and who used it.