Normandy location numbers on an after action report

Geezer

On the 67th Armored Regiment AARs beginning June 6, 1044, it gives locations like LAMINE, FRANCE (T644749). When I try to locate Lemine, France I find that it is no longer on maps or even if I Google it. Is it possible to get a Normandy map that I could locate this coordinance? Thanks

Yes, if you visit the website below, use the drop down menu, select French Lambert Zone 1 Grid, and type vT644749 in the search box. (make sure to type 'v' before any map coordinates.) This will give you geographical coordinates, and will pinpoint the location on a google map.

https://echodelta.net/mbs/eng-translator.php

You may have to look at period maps from the time of the campaign or earlier; I have run into similar circumstances when reading WW2 AARs from the 29th Division, and WW1 research as well.

Over time, various Departments (counties) in France has reorganized some local villages and communities into larger or different areas, and in doing so some of the smaller and older village names will not appear on a modern map......so a look back in time can assist you in positive ways.

Yes, if you visit the website below, use the drop down menu, select French Lambert Zone 1 Grid, and type vT644749 in the search box. (make sure to type 'v' before any map coordinates.) This will give you geographical coordinates, and will pinpoint the location on a google map.

https://echodelta.net/mbs/eng-translator.php

Thanks Alex- it worked perfectly. Now I can trace my brother's route through Normandy.

Hello,

This hamlet no longer exists today. This place is now in the village of Le Molay-Littry.

All the 2nd armored division was stationned in this area in june/july 1944.

La mine was located approximately on the site of the major crossroads of le Moley-Littry.