Corcoran Jump Boots

cmt04444

Look original to me, could be WW2 vintage. If they are they were dyed black. Significantly decreases the value

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

They do not have the slant heal of a jump boots.

I think these are 50s era combat boots but not jump boots

Go Navy!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

They have the ankle support.You can see the double lines on the side of the boot.

The soles are not Corcoran... to me they have been resoled.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Ron Doyler is correct. These are legit Corcoran jump boots that were resoled some time in their life. Soles and heals wear out, troops will get them resoled, especially after the prices of Corcorans went out of sight. Also, unit First Sergeants on occasion would hold inspections where if a soldier had worn heals, he would roll a pencil under the heal. If the pencil fit under it, you needed new heals put on. SKIP

These boots were made post 1957 and are originally black. As has already been mentioned, they have been resoled, so the slant heel is missing.

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

They sure look the part. I'd say that they are probably WWII vintage, though the laces are most likely for the M1948 field boot.

Allan

donation2007.gif

An original WW2 era pair will have:

- red/white Corcoran label

- specs/size stamped into the leather

- slanted heels

- reinforced back, (composition) soles

- toe cap with holes in between the stitches

- brown russet color shade

The modern repros out there will have the size and numbers printed on them in white, a black and white Corcoran label is a giveaway as well. Black means they are post war unless they were originally brown and dyed.

That said the boots in post number 8 have a good chance at being originals.

donation2014.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

"The battle belonged that morning to the thin wet line of khaki that dragged itself ashore on the channel coast of France." - General Omar Bradley.

As an aside, I has been my experience that very few pair of WWII jump boots were made by Corcoran. So much in fact, that I usually start with the assumption that a pair of Corcoran boots are post war. There were a lot of WWII manufacturers of jump boots.

Allan

donation2007.gif

Did Herman Shoes make wwii jump boots? These look similar to wwii boots but another thread said Herman boots are almost always post war.

post-133657-0-26107500-1576600296.jpeg

post-133657-0-39812500-1576600311.jpeg

post-133657-0-96841800-1576600326.jpeg

I see Herman boots typically from post war or Korea era veterans...this said the ones pictured have the "US"..... prefix before the serial/service number which indicates a set from a person who served post WW2.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..