Space Force: A sixth branch, of the Military?

tdogchristy90

From what I know it's part of the new defense budget? What will happen is the current "space program" that is run by the Air Force will be spun off into its own branch. The new "Space Force" will be kind of like the Marine Corps.

Where as the Marine Corps is its own individual force, it falls under the Navy. Similarity the Space Force will be spun off from the current Air Force and be its own branch, but will still fall under the Air Force.

From what I know it's part of the new defense budget? What will happen is the current "space program" that is run by the Air Force will be spun off into its own branch. The new "Space Force" will be kind of like the Marine Corps.

Where as the Marine Corps is its own individual force, it falls under the Navy. Similarity the Space Force will be spun off from the current Air Force and be its own branch, but will still fall under the Air Force.

How interesting. Glad to get an update.

Thing is, one of the Space Shuttle missions actually demonstrated this need. The mission involved a full military crew with a classified payload.

With the formation of this sixth branch, comes the declassification of a bunch of Air Force space programs. Looking forward to seeing more information on programs like the X-20 Dyna Soar and Blue Gemini.

BTW, I can't see the insignia in with my browser.

Thing is, one of the Space Shuttle missions actually demonstrated this need. The mission involved a full military crew with a classified payload.

With the formation of this sixth branch, comes the declassification of a bunch of Air Force space programs. Looking forward to seeing more information on programs like the X-20 Dyna Soar and Blue Gemini.

There you go flyboy…. just about any choice will look a bit 'Buck Rogers'.....

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Proposed+Space+force+insignia&form=HDRSC2&first=1&cw=1129&ch=511

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, why do you think it will bring a bunch of de-classifications?

In 2007, they promised us that by 2017 we'd have shuttles that could land a squad of Marines anywhere on earth in hours by entering orbit...it kept me around...and never happened...

Space_Lance_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We were in the PX at PAtrick AFB yesterday, and there was a hat with a patch on it that was the NASA blue circle with the red double-slash but instead of "NASA", it said "USSF". Wondering if that is the Space Force?

We were in the PX at PAtrick AFB yesterday, and there was a hat with a patch on it that was the NASA blue circle with the red double-slash but instead of "NASA", it said "USSF". Wondering if that is the Space Force?

It may have just been a novelty item. Despite the extensive history of military involvement, NASA is primarily a civilian agency dedicated to the peaceful exploration of space. It would not be in their interest to have one identified with the other, even symbolically.

I hear the official war cry of the Space Force was approved. The commander yells "To infinity!" and the troops yell "And Beyond!"

Those photo's are so funny. Some made me laugh so hard. Their new uniform was released yesterday. Earth tone Camo. along with the Space Command S.S.I.

Now there's another uniform and patch to get.

Those photo's are so funny. Some made me laugh so hard. Their new uniform was released yesterday. Earth tone Camo. along with the Space Command S.S.I.

Now there's another uniform and patch to get.

It's just the Scorpion W2 OCP, same as Army and AF use.

rl1xul5bvjb41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a