Unknown patch? wool with #12 and a sword

USMC-RECON0321

USMC-RECON0321

Hello,

I was at an estate sale today and there were two of these patches. Any idea if military? Appears all pieces are wool.

There was some Dad's WWI Army items and the son's WWII Navy stuff I grabbed at the sale. But the ones running the sale had no idea on these patches (and unfortunately neither did I)??

Thanks for any help

Troy

post-33000-0-11078600-1576269033_thumb.jpg

ASMIC Cloth Patch Catalog lists this as WW 1 US 12th Div variant - and a very uncommon one at that. Usually, they have a border and two stars. There is also a version w/ the tab at the bottom that reads PLYMOUTH DIVISION.

USMC-RECON0321

Yes there are two of them. I had them put them aside for me to go back and grab. (45 min drive each way) should've grabbed them. The estate sale was a WWII Navy Veteran, but had a dad and uncles who served during WWI. I picked up a US Army WWI overseas cap, two WWI 212th engineers unit history books and a 104th Infantry regiment collar device.

For the WWII Navy Vet, I got a FB helmet with rayon liner, sea bag, uniform top and two covers.

Troy

USMC-RECON0321

Ya did good son... ;)

Rule #1 Don't leave it for 5 bucks :lol::)

Normally no, but I bought a pretty good pile of stuff with an offer of what I had on me at the time and they accepted it and then seen these after the fact with no cash left on me. It was a cash only sale that I just happened to drive by and see the estate sale signs, so it was un-planned. But I knew to take pictures to see if it was worth going back for. Here is a pic of what I did grab minus a jumper not in this picture.

post-33000-0-77893400-1576294405_thumb.jpg

post-33000-0-15774600-1576294551_thumb.jpg

Normally no, but I bought a pretty good pile of stuff with an offer of what I had on me at the time and they accepted it and then seen these after the fact with no cash left on me. It was a cash only sale that I just happened to drive by and see the estate sale signs, so it was un-planned. But I knew to take pictures to see if it was worth going back for. Here is a pic of what I did grab minus a jumper not in this picture.

attachicon.gifIMG_5919.jpg

Good stuff Troy.

Glad it all worked out.