Badge Collection Military Government Police Fire

mds308

I don't own any of these but came across them recently while searching for stuff on eBay.   They all seem to be original badges and USN related.

B.jpg

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

B4.jpg

B5.jpg

B6.jpg

B7.jpg

B8.jpg

B9.jpg

B10.jpg

B11.jpg

Cobra 6 Actual
Is that your badge or one from a website?  Pic of back?  

Mine. Although all of the badges I have were legally purchased and are from obsolete agencies, I prefer not to post the badge backs with their control numbers.

This badge and all of the ones below have the standard disclaimer on the back: “This badge conveys no authority unless accompanied by proper credentials.”

6cb6befbe7f505643f6309d2313778dc.jpg

Nice group, Cobra.  I do the same thing with my badges marked in certain ways.  I know where you're coming from.  I have a badge that I was made to promise I would never show front or back online.  It was for an agency that purchased approximately 25 pieces.  They didn't like their look so they had an employee destroy them, then ordered another group with a different design.  The badges were never destroyed.  I received one in trade.  The thing I don't understand is if they are sold to collectors at shows, how will he control what happens to them.  When he retires, I'll show the badge.  😁

Cobra 6 Actual

I know exactly what you mean, mds308. I am a collector, but I also strive to always stay within “the lines”.

This is an obsolete Federal Bureau of Prisons cap badge:
c9ef3d2e15ddc26e4955930f83566b3d.jpg

I'm partial to Virginia badges.  I'll show more soon.  Here is one for a VA Marine Resources Commission Inspector.  If anyone wants this badge, I believe Flying Tiger Antiques has one for sale.

IMG_5648.JPG.7bf907be0314c80f0f241dcdb66f346f.JPGIMG_5650.JPG.b460e11aca0e8c4cc7746d9409ee3b1e.JPG

Cobra 6 Actual

Another nice one, mds308! Since I also live in Virginia I’m partial to Virginia badges, too. Here’s one for the Jamestown Exposition, which commemorated the 300th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown in the Virginia Colony and was held from April 26 to December 1, 1907, at Sewell’s Point in Hampton Roads, Norfolk, Virginia. It celebrated the first permanent English settlement in the present United States. 

The Powhatan Guard was the Exposition’s armed police force:

5D9D3581-36E2-410D-A0D8-A848F4EA5E5C.jpeg

Cobra 6 Actual

Thanks, guys, here’s one more Virginia one for the 375th Anniversary Celebration of the first Virginia Sheriffs in 2009:
cd00a3c3f412ba9f5618156ad948a7e1.jpg

Many, many Sheriff’s Offices throughout Virginia wore these badges.

Cobra 6 Actual
That's a great looking Sheriff's badge!

Thanks, jmd62. Here’s another. This is for the Rappahannock, Fredericksburg, and Potomac (AKA: The R, F &P) Railroad:

77e6dab671c4cadef7056c2791c5eff0.jpg

The nickname for this railroad was ‘Run Fast and Push!”

• 1 month later...
mars&thunder

Here is a badge I own. Says US ARMY - ENGINEERS - CAMP SHANKS FD. It's a cap badge about 1.75 inches across. Camp Shanks was a camp for troops preparing to ship overseas, located in NY. Also handled POWs.  Open 1943-1946.

CampShanks.JPG.08ec00ab135f58f3a56a9ed26ff61cb3.JPG

Cobra 6 Actual

That’s an Oldie, Mars&thunder! Thanks for posting it. A fire department one at that. Here’s an Army badge from Camp (now Fort) Custer, Michigan:

image.jpeg

Cobra 6 Actual

This is a badge from one of the many WWII era civilian industrial guard forces, some of which were organized as military police auxiliaries:

image.jpeg