Changing AN6530 lenses

tar00

I had a very nice pair of AN6530 goggles fall on the floor recently with one of the lenses shattering. Replacement lenses seem to be everywhere, but with the pads sewn to the frame changing lenses looks somewhat daunting. Has anyone changed lenses before? Any tips or tricks? Thanks.

Piece of cake!

Remove the strap from the affected side. Then retract the small metal sleeve where the strap was hooked and the metal frame should spring open slightly, and can then be gently pried away from the cushion. Remove any remnants of the broken lens, place the new lens in place, and assemble in reverse order.

If this doesn't make sense, I can try to dig out my goggles and take some photos.

Steve

Steve is correct.You can slide the small ferrule off and the frame should open.The cushions have a lip on them and are sewn to a seperate ring.This ring lays in the goggle frame seprate from the lense.Sometimes over time the rubber on the cushions degrade and may stick to the othe parts.As Steve said gently open the frame and you should be good to go.

RON