WWII Regiment Photo in gear, Helmets, Thompson's, .03 Rifles, Unit?

lakenormanusa

lakenormanusa

Found this interesting yard long photo of an entire regiment.

I can see 4 Gideon's throughout the photo indicating 4 Companies.

The majority of the weapons seen are Thompson Sub-Machine Guns

along with some bolt-action .03 Springfield's. Attached below are photos

I took with my cellphone, so please excuse the lack of clarity.

The first photo shows the highest ranking men in the group. They appear to be a

Lt. Col's. I know it's a shot in the dark, but if anyone can ID one of these officers

maybe it will help in identifying the unit.

Thanks for looking!

Rick

post-125711-0-46945600-1576025860.jpg

Are the officers wearing crossed sabres...? Perhaps a Cav unit..?

I think it’s cool that the Major/LTC has a M1917 revolver...

Very interesting photo, looks like they could be crossed Sabres on the Officers collars.

I find it somewhat ironic that they are dressed out in full combat gear but yet they are all wearing a tie!

Chris

BILL THE PATCH

Didn't patton make all soldiers wear ties even in combat? Or was that just for the movie.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

PacificGunner

Didn't patton make all soldiers wear ties even in combat? Or was that just for the movie. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I have read several accounts from veterans who served under Patton who mention having to wear neckties in combat. I recall one was from an officer in North Africa who recounted Patton making the officers wear neckties while serving under him in all circumstances. I have also read stories from enlisted men who were in the Third Army in Europe that recall Patton ordering them to wear neckties. It is interesting to read about different perspectives regarding Patton, some seem to really hate him while others hold him in high regard.

PacificGunner

The photo is very unique, I do not usually see these unit photos with men in full gear. Usually they are just wearing their web belts and holding their rifles. Would it be possible to upload an image that shows the whole photograph? Maybe even closeups of the guidon flags could help reveal the identity of the unit.

lakenormanusa

The photo is very unique, I do not usually see these unit photos with men in full gear. Usually they are just wearing their web belts and holding their rifles. Would it be possible to upload an image that shows the whole photograph? Maybe even closeups of the guidon flags could help reveal the identity of the unit.

Below I will attach photos of all the Company Guidons. (HQ, A, B, C and RcN Co.) along with a photo of the U.S. flag which is set as the centerpiece along with the high ranking Regimental officers.