101st Airborne SSI Collection

InfantryCollector

InfantryCollector

That book is very good. I collect mainly WW2 infantry divisions. I have all the greenback and 480 variations of the greenbacks.

I don't collect any past VE day and VJ day. Top kick is one of three that I trust on airborne patches. I still have problems telling

the difference between type 1 and type 2.

I used to collect Infantry as well, but sold off everything else to focus on Airborne only. Topkick/ James Parker has been wonderful to work with.

Regarding Type 1/2, look at the beak shape - Type 2 is a more pronounced hook. I'm getting more comfortable with the Type 1-9, but have not spent much time on all the other variations yet.

Thanks again for sharing.

John

warcollect1942

I consider airborne infantry. After you step out the door of the plane you are walking. Airplane truck boat train is just transportation.

That's just my way of thinking. I have 2 type ones and 1 type 2. The longer I look at them they look same. I had James look at them.

He told me which is which. Do you collect the other airborne divisions as well?

InfantryCollector

I consider airborne infantry. After you step out the door of the plane you are walking. Airplane truck boat train is just transportation.

That's just my way of thinking. I have 2 type ones and 1 type 2. The longer I look at them they look same. I had James look at them.

He told me which is which. Do you collect the other airborne divisions as well?

Roger that! I was a "leg", but tore up my knee before jump school. There ended the Airborne dream. Had assignment to the 173rd ABN Brigade. Nothing but respect for the men of the Infantry. Of course, we all know why God made the sky blue...

As a collector, I just can't afford to spread the cash around too much, so I decided to keep my focus narrow and went with the 82nd and 101st. I may eventually expand to the 17th ABN too, but for now working on building up my 82nd/101st collection.

Best,

John

I've got to get a copy of Kevin's book. Just haven't been able to find one for sale...

Best,

John

Hello

The book is available from Amazon.fr :

https://www.amazon.fr/101st-airborne-%C3%A9cussons-Kevin-Delaitre/dp/2912994659/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

or EBay :

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/NEW-101ST-AIRBORNE-PATCH-BOOK-COVERING-ALL-KNOWN-TYPES-HANDY-REFERENCE/113846368741?hash=item1a81c5b9e5:g:xcIAAOSwgjddSr5P

I suppose that if you do a Google search, you'll also find it on french militaria websites

InfantryCollector

Thank you very much. I haven't been able to find a copy in the US.

Best Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...