Beverlycraft or Beverly Craft of Beverly Hills, CA: examples and patterns

Picked this up the other day at the flea market. A very nice WWII vintage portrait of a WWII pilot wearing what looks to me to be Beverly Craft wings.

What do you guys think?

Patrick

post-1519-1224981091.jpg

A close up of the wings. Best I can do with the scanner. But the thing to note is the shoulder area.

Compared to a real life wing.

I think these are Beverly Craft wings. The picture came out of Los Angeles, so it isn't that far fetched.

PFrost

post-1519-1224981148.jpg

post-1519-1224981176.jpg

Pat - it looks like a match to me! I too share your love of photos that help draw a connection to the men who earned the wings we collect.

John

• 10 months later...

I found this WWII full size Beverlycraft bombardier wing today at a local antique market. I consider this to be a hard variation to find but the applied center on this one is unlike any I've seen before.

post-2609-1251675474.jpg

post-2609-1251675493.jpg

• 2 years later...

I have the pilot, aircrew, bombardier, navigator, and a glider pilot with a "theater-made" addition of the "G". I have seen the other alphabet wings in other collections. I also recall seeing a flight surgeon made by Beverly craft. Oh and the observer wing.

The pilot and the aircrew are far and away the most common, but other ratings are out there.

Here is a bombardier wing with a nice oversize bomb.

post-1519-1333329432.jpg

John Cooper

Costa I am glad you picked this up! When I first saw the photos I knew what is was... did the seller provide this photos or are they yours? I know we PM'd about getting better photos to confim what I said.

Cheers

John

• 1 year later...

It's raining here in northern Ca finally so not much to do and thought I'd post another wing I recently picked up. From what I understand according to a couple members here the Observer wing isn't found very often. If you have one to compare that'd be great! If you have other Beverly wings please feel free to post them up too. A friend told me only a Californian would put a pin on backwards ;)

post-25673-0-54533900-1391792121.jpg

Yeah that was my comment. Still holds true. Great wing. Mike knows the back story on this wing for me. Glad you found one. You're on a roll the past few weeks.

Very nice! For reasons beyond me, the BeverlyCraft hallmarked Observer's badge has eluded my greedy little grasp for many many years. It's good to see there are still nice examples out there. Thank you for sharing this tough to find aerial badge.

• 3 weeks later...

yes--- for those of you who were following the ebay auction on this item, i got it. it cost big but, being that i have the visor and badge i could not let this go to another corner of the planet. bad enough the coat and presentation wings were sold out from under me--- at least i got 3 of the 5 items. its a 3'in bevie craft gold wash.

post-73-0-95892500-1393287252.jpg

If my poor memory doesn't fail me.......I believe that all Beverly Craft wings have a female, that is ladies pin install. Some of the more astute might verify this.

Was the pin attachment normally reversed on this wing?

Well Done C! Absolutely Unique! It sounds like you were preserving a particular flyer's material? If so, THAT is the greatest Blessing a Collector gets. I would enjoy hearing who it was if you have that info? and how the items were related to his story?

• 2 months later...
5thwingmarty

I picked up this little sweetheart Beverlycraft Navigator wing today. It has the palm trees all over the back and the reverse mounted pin. The Sterling and Beverlycraft hallmark are also upside down.

Marty

post-96854-0-94200100-1398479747.jpg

post-96854-0-88861600-1398479759.jpg