Beverlycraft or Beverly Craft of Beverly Hills, CA: examples and patterns

I was wondering if anyone can give me info on these aircrew wings such as maker, original or anything else? They are just marked "sterling". There seems to be some mark on the back in the middle but might not be anything,

Thank you!

post-8296-0-07715800-1575768943_thumb.jpg

post-8296-0-80625800-1575768954_thumb.jpg

They are uncommon but Ive seen several for sale recently. Question for you...Is there a symbol stamped with the word sterling? Beverlycraft stamped a palm tree with the word sterling on most of their wings. There is a bombardier wing by them without the palm tree and just the sterling mark, but I haven't seen the aircrew without the palm.

It looks like the palm tree is there in front of the Sterling mark. It almost looks like a sideways palm tree in the center of the back.

Thanks for the info,

It looks like there is a palm tree in front of the sterling. It's hard to see what the mark in the center is if it really is anything.
Here are some closer pics.

post-8296-0-40244700-1575797116.jpg

post-8296-0-77704800-1575797133_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info,

It looks like there is a palm tree in front of the sterling. It's hard to see what the mark in the center is if it really is anything.

Here are some closer pics.

Your site "A War To Be Won" is most interesting! Thanks for posting it - I'll be visiting a lot.

Art

• 7 months later...
5thwingmarty

Although most Beverlycraft wings are pin backs mounted backwards compared to most wings, they can also be found as clutch back wings.  I have been told this may have been an option from Beverlycraft as those with the clutch backs are so similarly done.  Here are the three I have with clutch backs:

This Pilot wing is unique in that it has the palm tree motif throughout the recessed area behind the shield.

Beverlycraft clutch backs-1_resize.JPG

Beverlycraft clutch backs rears_resize.JPG

5thwingmarty

Along with the full-size wings, Beverlycraft also made sweetheart wings.  These are typically found with the palm tree motif covering the entire back and the hallmark reading "Beverlycraft of Beverly Hills", but they can be found with a variety of back finishes including completely smooth except for a raised palm tree hallmark and raised sterling mark.  The odd thing (to me anyhow) about the sweetheart wings is the Pilot wing does not have the "berries" in the shoulders.  Instead they are a pelican beak style wing like an Amico or LGB wing.  The sweetheart wings can also often be found with rank insignia attached.

In addition to the sweetheart AAF wings, Beverlycraft also made a Naval Aviator sweetheart, and the company also made collar and rank insignia.

Sorry my photos are so bad today, everything is coming out looking gold tinted.  In actuality only the Naval Aviator is gold.

Beverlycraft sweethearts fronts_resize.JPG

Beverlycraft sweethearts rears_resize.JPG

5thwingmarty

One last wing to add.  Beverlycraft made a wide variety of Bombardier wings, two of which have already been shared.  Those wings were made by attaching target backgrounds and bombs to the base wing.

They also made Bombardier wings using Observer wings to which bombs were attached, with these bombs varying greatly in style and girth.  This one has the fattest bomb I have seen on a bombardier wing.

Beverlycraft bombardier front_resize.JPG

Beverlycraft bombardier rear_resize.JPG

Here are the ones from my collection that have not been posted yet.  A pilot wing with a "G" applied by Beverlycraft for the Glider pilots, the Flight Engineer "E" wing and the Flight Instructor cap/sweetheart badge on the original card.  There are three more Beverlycraft that I've seen (two in the forums here) but don't own; the Instrument Flying Instructor, the "R" Radio operator and the "G" glider cap/sweetheart badge.   Those three and the large bombardier variant are at the top of my wish list.

20200809_182500_copy_864x1067.jpg

20200809_182406_copy_864x681.jpg

Here is an example of the Glider cap/sweetheart badge on the original card.  I just missed this one awhile back but kept a picture for reference.

20200809_185510.jpg

• 5 months later...

Seems to be a common logo on their rank insignia....

Bump to an old thread...

Sharing this one I recently purchased...a majors oak leaf. 

20210116_140628.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello All,

I was able to obtain a gold plated Beverlycraft bombardier sweetheart wing.  I have included the other two gold plated wings I have by them to show the different markings.  The pilot is stamped with "gold filled", the navy wing with "made to last" and regrettably the only thing I can make out on the bombardier is "hills" 

20210518_174647.jpg

20210518_174744.jpg

• 5 months later...

I know these aren't wings but I was just able to attain these Beverlycraft NAVY bars!!!  (Ensign or Marine Corps 2nd Lt) shirt size and still in the original box.  The backs have the palm trees and are marked Beverlycraft.  These gave me hope that there might be a full size 3" Navy pilot wing out there somewhere.

Screenshot_20211030-210653_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20211030-210640_eBay.jpg

Very nice price for a nice little wing.  I'm still hoping to stumble on a couple more of the little Beverlycraft wings.  Has anyone ever seen small versions of the Observer or Aerial Gunner wings, or a full-size version of the Naval Aviator wing from Beverlycraft?

Nice wing Donaldnol!  I haven't seen the sweetheart versions you mentioned yet Marty.  The top wing I'm looking for now is a sweetheart glider by them and I posted a picture of one in the Beverlycraft thread.  Every time I see a full size navy wing I check to see if it's a Beverlycraft but no luck yet.  I did pick up an interesting sweetheart piece they made of a Sherman tank.

• 5 months later...

Here is my Beverlycraft collection.  I have been lucky enough to add the 3 inch 1pc Glider pilot and the sweetheart glider to the collection over the past  several months. The duplicate pilot, navigator and air crew wings are the pinback and clutchback versions.  All of the rest of the wings are pinback.  I have included their army and navy insignia here for you as well.  There are still four large wings eluding me (that we know of!) which are the large bomb bombardier, the instrument instructor, the gold instructor and the "R" radio wing.  Of course, I'm still looking for any clutchback versions of the ones I have as well.  Many thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and wings and especially to Tod for his outstanding research.

20220414_210457.jpg

5thwingmarty

That is an incredible Beverlycraft collection.  The Pilot, Navigator and Aircrew are the only Beverlycraft wings I have in clutch-back.  I don't recall seeing any of the other ratings in clutch-back.  There are also Bombardier sweetheart wings with the attached rank insignias, and a few other rank insignias like Warrant Officer and Flight Officer.  I also have a Beverlycraft Pilot wing that had the face of the shield ground down and polished smooth.  The ultimate big-bomb wing I think is Russ' which has the third fin on the bomb.