Supposed Prototype SF Parachute wings

I got these off eBay a couple days ago and they arrived today in the mail. the seller listed them as prototype SF Parachute Wings. I've never seen any like this before. They're bigger than standard Army jump wings at about 1 3/4 inches wide and about 1 5/8 inches top to bottom. They have decent detail, the front has a satiny finish while the back looks to be anodized black or dark gray. They've got two clutch-back posts on the side and are made from what looks like thin stamped metal of some sort.

I'm thinking they are some sort of fantasy wing but since I'm not at all knowledgeable on Army prototype wings so am not 100% sure they're fantasy. At any rate, I thought they looked kinda' neat and they were cheap so I bought them anyway. Any help in positively identifying what these are would be greatly appreciated.

post-1107-1231197072.jpg

craig_pickrall

I'm not at my reference material at the moment but I think that is one of several versions of the proposed HALO wing from around the late 1980's or early 90's. I think you can still find that wing sold at surplus stores.

I got these off eBay a couple days ago and they arrived today in the mail. the seller listed them as prototype SF Parachute Wings. I've never seen any like this before. They're bigger than standard Army jump wings at about 1 3/4 inches wide and about 1 5/8 inches top to bottom. They have decent detail, the front has a satiny finish while the back looks to be anodized black or dark gray. They've got two clutch-back posts on the side and are made from what looks like thin stamped metal of some sort.

I'm thinking they are some sort of fantasy wing but since I'm not at all knowledgeable on Army prototype wings so am not 100% sure they're fantasy. At any rate, I thought they looked kinda' neat and they were cheap so I bought them anyway. Any help in positively identifying what these are would be greatly appreciated.

post-1107-1231197072.jpg

According to a reference page from the old "Chute and Dagger" club website, this insignia is the proposed Special Forces Qualified Parachutist Badge. This design was proposed in 1981 and came in Basic, Senior and Master classes. However, all the examples I've seen were in gold. I've never seen a silver oxidized version before. Perhaps another prototype? Thanks for sharing.

-Frank