B1 summer flight cap

AZPhil

Hello Gent's

I just pick this one up to match what my Uncle is wearing in this photo. He is second from the right bottom row. This pic is March of 1944.

post-11740-0-61646100-1575525128_thumb.jpg

This is the cap I added to my collection.

post-11740-0-73926900-1575525244_thumb.jpg

Ther is one snag on the visor and one of the front.

Let me know what you think. I had this looked at on another site and was given the thumbs up. So I made the purchase and got it in today. These pic's are from the seller as I have not gotten to taking some good pic's

post-11740-0-10042200-1575525665_thumb.jpg

post-11740-0-92242500-1575525676_thumb.jpg

Semper Fi

Phil

Thanks Gent's,

Finding something with my Uncle's name on it would be the Holy Grail for me!!! That and a piece of the Mrs Geezil the B-17 he was shot down in. I've been working that one since 2013. I was contacted by a man now friend in Schellierbach Germany, The location where he landed and parts of the Mrs Geezil rained down after exploding in Mid air after the attack. He metal detects as a hobby and his Great Uncle owned the farm land were they landed. Long story short, There are now houses where those pieces fell.

As a youngster(8-9), My Uncle gave me his Ike jacket. I wore it all the time. One day I was playing soccer and I took the jacket off and put it in a cobby hole(back alley entrance) of a house near by. After playing I went home, When I got there, I realized I had forgot the jacket, I went back immediately, Only to find the jacket gone. . For the past 50 years , That has haunted me!!! Now that I collect this stuff to honor him, I feel disgusted with myself for that loss.

I'm kind of making up for it!!!

Semper Fi

Phil

Phil, maybe his name was on the missing part of the tag!? At least with that part missing you can say that it “may have been my uncles cap” ;)

• 6 months later...
54 minutes ago, rangerstack said:

I have one with an AAF stamp on its.

I would love to see it!

Can you post a pic?

Semper Fi

Phil