Need some help on a new addition: Short Snorter D-Day connection

Season Greetings to all,

It has been a long time since I have posted let alone make a new purchase but of the later I recently did and I am now hoping to get some assistance from the Forum. The following is a "Short Snorter" that I just purchased and have yet received but I did some research prior to the purchase and some subsequent due to a possible D-Day connection.

So far I have been able to identify two of the service men who both served onboard LCI(L)'s during the D- Day invasion. Those two are Paul F Bunumas (LCIL-540 and Flotilla -12) and Robert D Therrel (LCIL-413).

Both of whom are found on the reverse of said snorter. This leads me to my "help" request as I would love help on identifying the others. There are those that are easy to ready but have yet to properly identify. Such as Hood, Winkler, Yates, Stroup, and Hughes.

Any and all help is always appreciated

post-5028-0-56402400-1575492111.jpg

donation2008.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

You're welcome. Glad I could help. Good luck with the rest of your research. -- Matt

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.