CIA case officers US Embassy Saigon 1971

hochiminhtrail

hochiminhtrail

yes the building does not longer exist, the picture it was taken at the front gate. We did rent an old taxi, and we had old shirts from the 70 s with large colar.

Cheers

HCMT

Wow, US Embassy Saigon?

Cool!

yes the building does not longer exist, the picture it was taken at the front gate. We did rent an old taxi, and we had old shirts from the 70 s with large colar.

Cheers

HCMT

Ahh, now it makes sense, I was wondering about the modern looking hiking boots.

hochiminhtrail

yes that the only mistake :rolleyes: , do you guys in th Us now what car this is and waht time frame.

Ahh, now it makes sense, I was wondering about the modern looking hiking boots.

hochiminhtrail

maybe this one is better.

yes that the only mistake :rolleyes: , do you guys in th Us now what car this is and waht time frame.

post-1849-1231270286.jpg

I would guess a 1964 Ford Falcon. I do not know about CIA, in SEA, but Army counter-intell in Washington DC used these in 1969-1971. Came in two colors: medium green and tan. Also had the equivalent Mercurt Comets, which I could not drive due to big feet and odd placement of the pedals.

BTW in 1970-1971 the "CIA car" in RVN, to my narrow experience, was an International Harvester Scout. There station station wagon was often an IH "Froggie" carryall -- I do not recall the real name. Air America used Froggies too, with crudely stencilled markings on the doors, i.e. "AA TSN 12", with TSN standing for tan Son Nhut.

hochiminhtrail

yes i heard about the station wagon that it was used by the cia, nowadays it pretty rare to find old US cars in saigon they have all been replaced by modern toyotas.

Thanks again Andrew

BTW in 1970-1971 the "CIA car" in RVN, to my narrow experience, was an International Harvester Scout. There station station wagon was often an IH "Froggie" carryall -- I do not recall the real name. Air America used Froggies too, with crudely stencilled markings on the doors, i.e. "AA TSN 12", with TSN standing for tan Son Nhut.