Possible Westinghouse Jungle Liner.

Whiskey9iner

Hello USMF,

I bought this liner on ebay a few months ago. It was a set with a Schlueter front seam M1 with OD7 chinstraps. Upon closer inspection I believe it to be an over painted Westinghouse Jungle Liner. It has unpainted A-washers and folded under nape ends. The leather chinstrap has DOT rivets so I believe it is probably from a p58 liner. I have compared it to all the examples i could find online and the "ghosting" of the under paint seems extremely similar. Additionally the scratches on the body and rivets reveal other colors rather than the "tortiseshell."

Is it possible this is one of the factory repainted Jungle Liners?

post-264138-0-78532400-1575179473_thumb.jpg

These photos do not totally do it justice, but I am TDY at the moment and will not be able to take more for another week.

Persian Gulf Command

That is a great find. The ones with the camo are very visible and easy to spot. This is a great example of those that were overpainted by the Army/Westinghouse.

Thank you for sharing!

I couldn't really tell looking at the images on my iPhone. But looking at them now on my computer, one can definitely see the streaks under the obvious factory repaint. Cool score!

Thank you all! I was pretty excited to have it in hand and confirm I was not interpreting paint wear as camouflage.

Is it known if the over paint was baked in the infrared oven like normal liners? Was the camouflage baked on at all?