Theater knife... Maybe from the Bijou Theater

Misfit 45

Hi Folks,

Don't know why I bought this, but the price was right and there IS a certain "cool" factor. It's quite hefty, it weighs 1 lb 1 oz., and it is 11 1/4 inches stem to stern. It has stacked leather washers for the grip, and lots of brass. The blade itself is thin, about 1/16 of an inch. Well made and nothing loose. The sheath is poor, but the belt buckle is an interesting feature, lol. Any ideas as to what this is? Thanks for looking.

Marv

post-26996-0-92392900-1575147249_thumb.jpg

post-26996-0-46887500-1575147270_thumb.jpg

Very nice knife. These theater/soldier/sailor made knives are always unique and interesting. What suggests a connection with the Bijou Theater? I would have grabbed it.

. What suggests a connection with the Bijou Theater? I would have grabbed it.

The Bijou comment was simply a joke, since this knife may have nothing to do with the Pacific Theater of Operations, or the European Theater of Operations. And yes, it is an interesting knife.

Marv

That is a stylish knife. I see it as a working knife, possibly a CB's sailor's or other who need a knife for daily work use. I don't see a combat or fighting knife that would have a need for a "quick draw" feature, thus the buckle secures the knife from loss.

Thanks for posting it.

BKW