Kansas Civil War Veteran reunion Ribbons

Kansas Raider

Kansas Raider

Here are some regimental reunion ribbons. Kansas regimental ribbons are pretty hard to find. I have been collection Kansas GAR for several years. This ribbon is in poor shape for the 1st Kansas Inf for 21st anniversary of the battle of Wilson Creek. The ribbon is dated 1882

post-154231-0-19549200-1575092964_thumb.jpg

Super duper badges! I presume the Department Commander badge is gold?

It is also interesting that the Sixth Kansas had reunions in Missouri and Indian Territory.

I love 'em.

I have several G.A.R. photographs of veterans who settled in Kansas after the war. This CDV is of Horatio Tawney, who was a corporal in Company C, 100th Ohio Infantry. He was captured at Limestone Station, Tennessee, in September 1863, and spent 6 months in Libby and Belle Isle prisons

post-274-0-96534400-1575221427_thumb.jpg

post-274-0-51157700-1575221454_thumb.jpg

Kansas Raider

here is a picture of members of Jewell post 3 in Pleasanton, Kansas. It is about 1 mile north of the Battle of Mine Creek

post-154231-0-47441100-1575252200_thumb.jpg

These boys are certainly well equipped for their postwar photograph. I seldom see fully armed GAR pictures and this is a nice one. I wonder if these men are an honor guard for funerals and such like? They appear to have flowers in their coat pockets... perhaps for a veteran funeral or decoration day?

I love pre-1900 reunion items. These are extremely interesting. And, I can honestly say that I have not seen the likes of Kansan Volunteer anything before.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Kevin

Kansas Raider

Hi everybody, I am looking for ribbons or badges of State GAR Departments that went to the 50th National Reunion that was held in Kansas City, Missouri in 1916

That is a great collection of National Encampment Badges. When I first started collecting a wise, older Civil War collector encouraged me to collect G.A.R. 34th National Encampment badges. Collecting badges, ribbons, pins, and other ephemera from that reunion has been fun, interesting, frustrating, and enjoyable. I hope you find that your Kansas collection is equally enjoyable.

Once again, thanks for sharing. You have some badges the likes of which I have never seen before and they are great!

Kevin

Kansas Raider

here are my Department of Kansas ribbons to GAR National Encampments

1886 San Francisco

1900 Chicago

1903 San Francisco

1933 St. Paul

1938 Des Moines

post-154231-0-66708600-1576168154_thumb.jpg