KHAKI CORPSMAN RATE-PRE-WWII?

BEAST

This was in the dollar box at the local flea market. If I understand what I read on the forum, the crow is right facing and this was used pre-1942. Other than that, I'm kind of at a lost. On which uniform would it have been worn? BTW, it is approximately 3"x6".

post-203-0-88356500-1575057050.jpg

This crow is actually for the left sleeve. It is for the USMC khaki shirt. Originally issued in pairs, with a left facing ( right sleeve) as part of the pair, and worn on both sleeves, like Marines. By 1942, (IIRC), they were just issued singularly to save on materials, and all worn on the left sleeve, regulars less of which way the eagle faced.

General Apathy

This was in the dollar box at the local flea market. If I understand what I read on the forum, the crow is right facing and this was used pre-1942. Other than that, I'm kind of at a lost. On which uniform would it have been worn? BTW, it is approximately 3"x6".

attachicon.gifkhaki corpsman 2 web.jpg

Hi Erick, not certain if this will help you in any way other than to show there were matched pairs both facing forward, I think the jacket was dated 1942 in the sleeve. As Sigsaye states and you will know yours would have been for the khaki shirt.

happy hunting lewis.

.post-344-0-19086400-1575059650_thumb.jpeg

This crow is actually for the left sleeve. It is for the USMC khaki shirt. Originally issued in pairs, with a left facing ( right sleeve) as part of the pair, and worn on both sleeves, like Marines. By 1942, (IIRC), they were just issued singularly to save on materials, and all worn on the left sleeve, regulars less of which way the eagle faced.

Thank you! I appreciate the info.

Hi Erick, not certain if this will help you in any way other than to show there were matched pairs both facing forward, I think the jacket was dated 1942 in the sleeve. As Sigsaye states and you will know yours would have been for the khaki shirt.

happy hunting lewis.

.attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_1632.jpeg

Thanks Ken, that helps to see it as worn.