Schlueter FS Repaint

cagedfalcon

Strange red & green paint on edge under rim, anyone recognize its meaning? Looks to have fairly good corking except for a few scuffs. Should I try to remove top coat with Goof Off?

ThanksPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Westinghouse liner

I don't think I'll be moving the strap, looks real delicate.

Two extra holes in front but no level.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Is this list up to date?

426A is rear seam & mine is definitely a front. Is this common or is this chart a rough guide?

Also is it ok to use a brass brush on rusty buckles?

d84404538c04b100298581be0c1dfce0.jpgdc40c4177813a0104a67c5e7adac39a8.jpg

The chart is a rough guide. Within lots there can be slight differences in configurations for a certain lot number, especially around the transition periods. For instance I've got a really nice condition Schlueter stamped 424A which is rear seam rather than front seam like the chart says.

As for the chinstraps, I don't think it's necessarily wrong to clean them, but I would personally leave them unless you feel they are at risk of becoming even more rusted.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Keep in mind that the numbers are for keeping track of batches of steel, not helmets. There is no guarantee all blanks from the same batch were processed into helmets at the same time.