A little something to be thankful for

Yesterday I unexpectedly received a package from an old time collector who had been friends with my dad for many years. He said he had been going through some things and had run into a couple things he had gotten from dad years ago and wanted me to have them. I thought it was really nice of him and these things mean so much more to me now that dad is gone.

On the surface nothing special but very meaningful to me and I am very thankful to have them.

Chevron from Navy Corpsman Eugene B. Reed. Reed served with the 1st Company 5th Marines in France.

ER 10002.jpg

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I honestly did not know these things existed. When he passed them along to his friend he kept Reed's shoulder patch which he gave to me years later. Sometimes dad kept things from the same person in different places and may not have made the connection. Very happy to have the little pieces back together now.

5th Rgt Corpsman.jpg

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Very special return Eric. My father passed in 1995. I miss him every day. He was the fire Chief in the town I live in. Every great once In awhile someone will give me something he had in his office or something he made related to his work. It is always special no matter how small. Nice little historical grouping you have there for sure. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

I am eagerly collecting Pre-WWII USMC material. Any Marine Corps Span Am era, WWI, Banana Wars, or China Marine related material is especially sought after.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2019.gif

Hi Eric, Thanks for sharing these incredible pieces. I lost my Dad in January of 2018 and I miss him every day. He supported my collecting and the public displays I set up in my community and for a number of years he would come out and sit with me during my displays for a while. I am glad you were able to get back some material that connects with your father and I wish you all the best. I know this time of year is the hardest to get through without them.

Robert