1898-1946 Naval Rank Marks (Shoulder Boards)

hhbooker2

crying.gif Some years ago, many years ago, we had the "Crow's Nest" newsletter and in it we featured sea service insignia like these rank marks for Commodore, Rear Admirals, and Vice Admiral. Unfortunately we could not even then afford colour photography as we printed and mailed at our own expense these newsletters and we did not ask for nor accept donations of money because we believe that collectors already often pay way too much for their hobbies, sad to say! I turned over the master copy to someone else who reprinted 400-PLUS pages and he charged basic printing and mailing costs, that was unsatisfactory to some who wanted the newsletter, but they could contact the AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MILITARY INSIGNIA COLLECTORS librarian and borrow one of two free sets complete of the "Crow's Nest," also gave two free sets to the United States Navy's NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER library at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, D.C.! In the past we posted the complete 400-PLUS pages here in the U.S. Militaria Forum. I have this and other military insignia publications on CD for back-up and I mail emal scans free on a daily basis. Today alone I emailed over 80 pages to subscribers - like the "Crow's Nest," that service is free, after all, collector's deserve a break now and then, yes? :blink: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected])

post-837-1231536288.jpg

w00t.gif Crow's Nest page of rank marks.

Do you have any illustrations of the different buttons that are used on shoulder boards? I have a couple that stump me.