We remember you Eddie Hatcher

tarbridge

Pvt Edward C Hatcher

Birth...19 May 1923...Durham North Carolina

Battery A

128th Field Artillery Battalion

6th Armored Division

KIA...13 April 1945

Do not stand at my grave and weep I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning hush, I am the swift, uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight, I am the stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there, I did not die -

rps20191126_163332.jpg

rps20191126_163413.jpg

rps20191126_163436.jpg

rps20191126_163500.jpg

rps20191126_163529.jpg

rps20191126_163811.jpg

I always feel so bad for the boys that were killed just before the war was over.

Thank you for preserving his memory for future generations.

Eddie was a clerk type and they were being assaulted, they grabbed a half-track...Eddie manned a gun. So, they engage the Germans and eventually took an Artillery round which resulted in Eddie's death.

Rest in piece Pvt. Hatcher. What a great way to start this thread , I really enjoyed the poem. This is a terrific reminder of the ultimate sacrifice. A great grouping. Thanks Robert

Forever young...rest in peace Edward Hatcher. From a grateful citizen and fellow veteran, thank you for your service and sacrifice so the rest of us have the freedoms we so cherish.