WW2 USN Flight Crew Top & Army 4-Pocket Pacific Armor

bryang

Took the granddaughters to the monthly flea market in Nashville Sunday.

I wasn't really on the hunt for militaria, as I want to conserve my dollars. However, these two items were particularly inexpensive, and so I went ahead and snagged them (from two different vendors).

The U.S. Army four-pocket set came with jacket, trousers and cap. I wasn't really overly jazzed, until the vendor offered the set to me for $20.

The right-shoulder "combat" patch is Armor, but I've generally understood this to be for the U.S. Army Armor School. I've since been educated on it - that independent tank battalions wore these.

Jacket also bears Pacific Command patch, as well as one 6-month overseas stripe on the left sleeve. No name in the trousers nor jacket.

The cap appears to bear the light blue Infantry piping, and has laundry marking in it.

The Navy jumper top I rather liked because of the bullion Aviation rating/rank on the left sleeve, as well as the Gunner patch on the right. The Gunner patch is nicely cross-stitched ... I like when the uniforms bear fancy stitch work like this.

While I have a few WW2 U.S. Navy jackets with bullion rating, this is my first jumper with it. Also my only uniform with these Air Crew wings, which I like.

I paid $20 for this jumper top. Unfortunately it isn't named. I looked through it for name or laundry marking. Either way, for $20 it's worth it.

post-152877-0-52977700-1574737314_thumb.jpg

That’s a really nice navy jumper, very complete... any service chevrons?

No chevrons ... and sadly, no name. I'd really like to have known who's this was.