Temporary ID Card from Ft Belvoir with interesting date

Old Marine

I was sorting through a box full of accumulate paper and photos and I just noticed the date on this ID card. I am guessing that this is a temporary ID card issued at the Engineer Training Center to a new inductee.

Dennis

post-2843-0-01471100-1574724134_thumb.jpg

Hi Patches, thanks for that info. You are probably right about him being in transit the day before. I am pretty sure that on that Monday he was experiencing his generation's "New Normal" like most of us did on 9/12.

Hi Patches, thanks for that info. You are probably right about him being in transit the day before. I am pretty sure that on that Monday he was experiencing his generation's "New Normal" like most of us did on 9/12.

There was two related stories I read, a newspaper, long long time ago, like 1990, an article on the 50th Anniversary of the pre-war draft. both pre-war Draftees from NYC, one guy, receives his draft notice on Monday, had nothing really to do with the attack, it was just a coincidence, his number was up, probably written up on Friday or Saturday for delivery. And another guy, he got caught in the draft. sometime in November I would think, and was under orders to depart on Monday for basic, I think it said he had his orders for around a week, you know like he gets them the week before.

I wondeer what Fendo did in the war, doesn't say in the link, no mention of overseas service or awards or anything for that matter, no luck in further info when looking around, sometimes we get lucky with a hit, like a Infantry Division etc might come up with redirct to some roster or award page etc.

Found this where we see his name, but don't know exactly what this site is or how it works.

Philadelphia Record Photograph Morgue V07

Collection 3944, Philadelphia Record World War II casualty cards, approximately 20,000 3x5 cards listing the soldier's name, rank, branch of ..... Allen, Russell, A. Sgt. - Philadelphia ...... Carter, Frank - baseball - Drexel Tech ...... Fendo, Frank.
Seeing Philadelphia there right, could Fendo of been originally from Philly and moved at some point over to Jersey post war? and we see you're from Philly too Old Marine.