Questions about the quality of T5 parachute replica

Ruben Alba

Hello again!
Greets from Spain!
I am trying to complete a 82 abn D-Day parachutist characterization.
I think I should start by getting a parachute, but my budget doesn’t allow me to buy one of the excellent copies made in the US.
I’d like to ask you for advise about this other copy, made in Europe, but more affordable for me.
At first sight I can notice some faults such as the emergency handle of the chest parachute, that should be red, but it can be easily replaced.
Before making a decision and buying it, I’d like to know your expert opinión on whether this is an acceptable copy.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Yours,
Rubén Alba
post-164644-0-11036500-1574715402_thumb.jpg
post-164644-0-22355300-1574715425_thumb.jpg
post-164644-0-44297700-1574715462_thumb.jpg
post-164644-0-58267900-1574715494_thumb.jpg

WWII Parachutist

Ultimately you will get what you pay for - there is a reason the prices are different. It's not as simple to simply switching out a red ripcord, or relacing the pack tray.

These have cast zinc hardware not painted (cheap), while USA ones are forged steel, correctly plated and painted. The webbing and canvas on these will have thinner weave on the webbing, and a more coarse (incorrect) weave on the canvas. The stitching is much lighter, and some stitch patterns are completely absent altogether. The reserve is the worst of all - it's actually several inches too small for the standard 24' canopy, completely butchers the side grips, and the entire pattern canvas ripcord pocket wasn't even designed until after Normandy. If you really want to get into details, when you start looking at the stamps you'll realize a whole load of problems as well.

They are very cheap, but are definitely NOT in the same leagues as quality reproductions. Just know what you are buying.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I know your page and I have seen the excellent quality of your reproductions.

And I love them, but the price, and what customs will charge me from my country.

It makes me escape my possibilities.

That is why I was looking for a cheaper replica, which I could afford, although I had to work a little on it to improve it.

I certainly don't know parachutes like the other pieces of equipment. Therefore, I ask for help.

Honestly, I thought it wasn't such a bad copy.

But, if it is as bad as you have explained to me, to buy something horrible, I prefer don´t buy it.

Thanks.

I certainly don't know parachutes like the other pieces of equipment. Therefore, I ask for help.
Honestly, I thought it wasn't such a bad copy.
To buy something horrible, I prefer not to buy it.

I certainly don't k