all1knew

painted D-1 jacket "Dakota Queen"

post-83697-0-63725100-1575046892_thumb.jpg

Us and them - and after all we’re only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

post-83697-0-80759100-1575046934_thumb.jpg

Us and them - and after all we’re only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

post-83697-0-19041700-1575046963_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-88088200-1575046996_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-50014400-1575047024_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-43689500-1575047156_thumb.jpg

Someone in Pennsylvania painted up a number of these as well as patches with fur backing.

They surfaced in the early 90s.

This looks to be one of those.

You can see plainly that the paint does not conform to the wear of the jacket.

Notice the major seams.

The paint should be cracked on the seam and it isn’t.

There are other creases from wearing where the paint is not cracked.

I find that suspicious.

donation2013.gif

post-83697-0-74584500-1575047188_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-19694000-1575047226_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-91378800-1575047252_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-64971100-1575047269_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-95585300-1575047287_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-38665800-1575047330_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-29115200-1575047348_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-49523100-1575047369_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-34342900-1575047389_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-33317400-1575047411_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-36209600-1575047430_thumb.jpg

William,

no doubt the jacket is legit...the "Dakota Queen" might be period too...no expert...but the closeups of the model make me think she was airbrushed..

William,

no doubt the jacket is legit...the "Dakota Queen" might be period too...no expert...but the closeups of the model make me think she was airbrushed..

Agree...the edges show that fine feather of the air brush and no build up of paint on the seams shown when a brush woyld be used.To me the seams in picture #26 don't show th epaint build up if using a brush.THe uneven surface would be hard to paint with a brush where as an air brush would fill in the area quite evenly.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

So did the S.A.A.D. jackets all have the cotton webbing panel reinforcements instead of HH? Seams odd. I have two D-1s but I don't think either are S.A.A.D. and I'm fairly sure both have the standard HH strips.

Dave