all1knew

Hells Angels 8th Air Force A2

post-83697-0-21420800-1575052724_thumb.jpg

Us and them - and after all we’re only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

post-83697-0-00055000-1575052788_thumb.jpg

Us and them - and after all we’re only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

post-83697-0-90591400-1575052805_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-50612800-1575052821_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-96077200-1575052844_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-60113500-1575052859_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-55931300-1575052873_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-30824100-1575052894_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-82413400-1575052908_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-19324700-1575052928.jpg

post-83697-0-00668400-1575052955_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-45631600-1575052971_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-65508200-1575052987_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-50280800-1575053005_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-11064700-1575053042_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-50254400-1575053068_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-52353500-1575053090_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-95214000-1575053106_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-85212200-1575053136_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-70727300-1575053154_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-87050100-1575053171_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-21324300-1575053191_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-93604300-1575053206_thumb.jpg

post-83697-0-13653600-1575053228_thumb.jpg

Great close ups...I think your lining is original to the jacket, the Squadron patch looks like it has been attached during it's service based on the wrinkling/patina to the leather surrounding the patch...all the hardware looks good/correct...

but the thing is the A2 was discontinued in 43, no more contracts, vendors had tons of hardware and leather...they wouldn't just chuck it, so they used up their remaining supplies and marketed the jackets...same hardware, same pattern, etc...this would explain the sleeves...and no stitch holes where a label should have been...

PP jackets were ideal for the guy that didn't want to turn his jacket in...without provenance it is all specualtion