Watches worn while deployed.

Mikekennedy38

Mikekennedy38

Hi, hope everyone had a great Sunday! I recently learned that the navy once issued Tudor watches to divers and I thought it would be interesting to see the different types of watches other members may have worn while they were deployed or even after. Maybe include a picture and a short explanation on how you got the watch if it wasn’t issued to you and why you chose that watch. Hopefully there’s some cool stories out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not quite what youre looking for, but this is what I wore while deployed. I bought it because it was cheap, had a canvas band and displayed two times (California and Baghdad.)

post-6201-0-45995200-1574303010.jpegpost-6201-0-25703200-1574303021_thumb.jpeg

Salvage Sailor

Timex red dot diver's watch - Luminous dial, bi-directional rotating bezel, red dot sweep second hand, stainless caseback, 40mm case, black NATO style strap with stainless steel buckle.

We wore them inboard on our wrist so that we could see the date/time while writing in our log books and using our hands without releasing our grip. Easy to see luminous dial for working in dark compartments like CIC (Combat Information Center) or night watches on the bridge or outer decks.

Timex - “Takes a Licking and Keeps on Ticking”

Luce.jpg

Timex red dot divers watch 01.jpg