G-519 / Huffman Model 81 - 1/16 scale

Manu-Military

Manu-Military

The smallest and lightest “vehicle” of the US Army.

Many thanks to Pat O’Day @ Battleground for accepting to make it in 3D.

See you,
Manu
p1150111.jpg
p1150014.jpg
p1150110.jpg
p1150013.jpg
p1150012.jpg
p1150112.jpg
p1150011.jpg
p1150010.jpg
p1150113.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Manu-Military

Hi,

Many thanks for your kind comments and your interest in my models.

See you

Manu

• 3 years later...
ArtyScout

Didn't I see this bike in "The Longest Day" with a beautiful French peasant girl on it? She was Maquis, aka Free French Underground.

Semper Fi.

Manny

General Apathy
24 minutes ago, ArtyScout said:

Didn't I see this bike in "The Longest Day" with a beautiful French peasant girl on it? She was Maquis, aka Free French Underground.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hi ArtyScout.

read this Wikipedia on the girl on the bike  . . . . . . . . you see it's not the same bike, but maybe you were distracted. !!!!

She made an appearance in a French film and met producer Darryl F. Zanuck and became his lover. Zanuck had a long history of trying to turn his European mistresses into film stars – he had previously done this with Bella Darvi and Juliette Gréco, and would later do this with Genevieve Gilles.[1] Zanuck cast Demick in his epic production The Longest Day (1962) as a French resistance fighter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irina_Demick

MV5BZGJmZWNlNDEtYTU3ZC00M2MyLWJhZTMtYWFkODhmODllZDRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU5OTg5NDc@._V1_.jpg.5a6ff792f4b204a44741bc3b06791322.jpg

regards lewis.

ArtyScout

Oh yeah, I was distracted, all right. Thank goodness, that the Germans were also distracted.

Semper Fi.

Manny

On 2/28/2024 at 2:17 PM, General Apathy said:

Hi ArtyScout.

read this Wikipedia on the girl on the bike  . . . . . . . . you see it's not the same bike, but maybe you were distracted. !!!!

She made an appearance in a French film and met producer Darryl F. Zanuck and became his lover. Zanuck had a long history of trying to turn his European mistresses into film stars – he had previously done this with Bella Darvi and Juliette Gréco, and would later do this with Genevieve Gilles.[1] Zanuck cast Demick in his epic production The Longest Day (1962) as a French resistance fighter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irina_Demick

MV5BZGJmZWNlNDEtYTU3ZC00M2MyLWJhZTMtYWFkODhmODllZDRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU5OTg5NDc@._V1_.jpg.5a6ff792f4b204a44741bc3b06791322.jpg

regards lewis.

Bike? What bike?