WAC cap device question

digi-shots

Can anyone help date this cap badge? It measures 1 1/4 inch long by 1 inch wide.

I have seen pics of WASP cap devices, but they were pinback (vertical).

Any thoughts on the clutch backs?

post-4361-0-20217600-1573700563.jpeg

To me, this looks like an enlisted cap badge where the circular backing disk is missing. A WAC disk would have a walking eagle wouldn't it?

Allan

To me, this looks like an enlisted cap badge where the circular backing disk is missing. A WAC disk would have a walking eagle wouldn't it?

Allan

Allan,

Yes and no. ?

Yes this is enlisted just as you said.

The WAAC had the walking eagle insignia. When they became part of the regular Army as the WAC then they used this same enlisted insignia as the regular Army.

Kat

Allan,

Yes and no. ?

Yes this is enlisted just as you said.

The WAAC had the walking eagle insignia. When they became part of the regular Army as the WAC then they used this same enlisted insignia as the regular Army.

Kat

Kat, Allan,

That is an Officer's Cap badge not enlisted, correct?

Paul

Kat, Allan,

That is an Officer's Cap badge not enlisted, correct?

Paul

Paul,

With the small size of it, wouldn't it be the enlisted without the disk as Allan stated? I did not go look for one to measure but I thought the officer's was bigger than 1 1/4 inch.

Kat

Thanks for all the replies.

I went thru some of the cap devices and took another pic of all of them together to compare sizes. The small one with wire circle is a collar device.

The one in question is exactly the same size as the one attached to the solid disk. So, I believe it is for female enlisted.

The WASP insignias that I have seen were all pin back and not screw post. I will keep looking for one!

Also, the bronze looking badge on the upper right is a bit smaller than regulation size and is stamped Germany on the back.

post-4361-0-45376000-1573739160_thumb.jpeg

The small one in the "circle" is an Army officer's Branch of Service collar device for Unassigned to Branch. I think the one that started this discussion is part of an enlisted cap badge.