Seeking ID,P-47 related patch emblems .....

Johnny Signor

I was not able to find them on asmic but just wanted to say they are really nice patches. It seems to me that the second one could be for a repair unit that worked on P-47 given that it depicts a blacksmith sending one into the sky after presumably working on it.

Johnny Signor

I was not able to find them on asmic but just wanted to say they are really nice patches. It seems to me that the second one could be for a repair unit that worked on P-47 given that it depicts a blacksmith sending one into the sky after presumably working on it.

Thanks for your reply, I tend to agree about the second patch, I too think it's some repair related type, Air Service, Air Depot etc ..... Hoping someone of the site will recognise it :)

The first one might be a Naval Helldiver, not a P-47. The second one doesn't look like a P-47 to me either. Is the P-47 association based on other info or just how the planes on the patches look?

The translation I found had the moto meaning "Instrument Fireballs".

The first one might be a Naval Helldiver, not a P-47. The second one doesn't look like a P-47 to me either. Is the P-47 association based on other info or just how the planes on the patches look?

The translation I found had the moto meaning "Instrument Fireballs".

I agree that the first could be a different plane, but the second does look a lot like a P-47D that has the bubble canopy and detachable fuel tanks.