WWII Medal Grouping with U.D.C. #671, looking for some help with the I.D.

rrobertscv

Found these yesterday, they were in a old frame behind glass. As you can see each had been spot glued to the board, but come off fairly easy. I looked at the pdf link with the UDC numbers, but the only 671 I found looked like WWI. Yesterday was the first I have ever heard or even seen one of these, so I may be looking in the wrong place. Can someone more knowledgeable help me ID this medal? Thanks for the help.

post-285-0-25416400-1573659358_thumb.jpg

post-285-0-68328700-1573659369.jpg

post-285-0-76409000-1573659376_thumb.jpg

post-285-0-45300500-1573659383_thumb.jpg

If you scroll to page 83 of the PDF, it lists all traceable WWII UDC Crosses. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear yours is on the list..

PDF can be found here, for anyone else interested:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/200601-udc-cross-of-military-service-list-in-numerical-order/&do=findComment&comment=1595119

post-29885-0-95266300-1573664169_thumb.png

Good luck! I have several that are numbered, but not ID'd. Never made the attempt.

The UDC offers research options for a fee of $25. Not sure what the success rate is.

https://hqudc.org/library-services/

I have used the UDC Library before - They provide good documentation and good turnaround

Well worth the $25 - That research will add value to your group

Bill

Emailed the UDC and got a name, this and the date issued were all they told me. Now to start digging.

Jesse T. Davis on May 28, 1947

• 7 months later...

And now Jesse T. Davis is listed as the recipient of WWII CMS # 671 in the UDC List of Recipients that I maintain.  A link to this list is posted on the saved section of this topic area.

And if I may ask, where did you find these medals (city and state)?  That might make it easier to trace down Jesse T. Davis.