Airborne Group

cagedfalcon

This group found me a few weeks ago.

Straight from vets mother. She said he wanted name tags removed & get rid of them.

Uniforms from Lieutenant to Major. All camouflage configurations. Not sure of time in service but seems like he was a busy boy.

2 Camelbacks, suspenders with molle attachments, woodland rain poncho, 90⁰ GI flashlight, & other misc pieces. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191113/e377c079f76ccfd0f6967cf3d6873458.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Civil affairs and psyops. Logistics officer who was rigger trained. Time frame could have been from the mid 90's to the 2010's or so (the BDU/DCU era.)

I've never seen subdued rank on an officer's beret. They normally wear full color on the beret where enlisted folks like me would wear our unit crest.

Civil affairs and psyops.  Logistics officer who was rigger trained.  Time frame could have been from the mid 90's to the 2010's or so (the BDU/DCU era.) 

I've never seen subdued rank on an officer's beret.  They normally wear full color on the beret where enlisted folks like me would wear our unit crest. 

All from same person. There was no rank on beret but did have Captain rank impression or ghost on oval for Captain. Other then replacing the rank this group is as found.

His mother would tell me nothing about what he did, where he was stationed or even name. But while digging through bag I did find the lose tan insignias & name tap which I marked out.

Items bagged up but had helmet still out. Pic of tag on it for "a" date not necessarily oldest or newest.

Posted Image

Interesting, when did the Army change positions of the Rigger Badge to the left pocket flap on fatique items? was on the right above the NAME Tapes always.

a1b31b9cdfad3d5cf2b81094f161f102.jpg

post-214-1346380371.jpg

post-1506-0-28910500-1449696193.jpgpost-1506-0-14107000-1449697116.jpgpost-1761-1318771906.jpg

Interesting, when did the Army change positions of the Rigger Badge to the left pocket flap on fatique items? was on the right above the NAME Tapes always.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Still learning uniforms, hadn't noticed a change. Exactly as found.

BDU_Burger_Lover

Very nice grouping - I'm glad you found a name to go with it. It looks like one of his first assignments was with the 172nd Infantry Brigade in Alaska before he went on to serve with the Army Special Operations Command and the Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command, both of which are headquartered at Fort Bragg. The ACU patch is for the Army Medical Command, which is headquartered at Fort Sam Houston, but it is possible that he may have been stationed somewhere else while falling under these commands.

It is my understanding that while the Rigger Badge has been around since the late 1940s, it wasn't officially approved until 1986 - if I had to guess, I would say that's probably when its position changed as well.