WWI Officers Bell Crown Cover & Ellis EGA

mds308

I found this duo earlier today. I posted the EGA in the EGA thread. I thought it was newer due to its superb condition. Thanks to warguy I found out I was way off the mark. The cover is cloth, not wool and in really nice condition. Not bad for a whopping 65 dollars.

post-165739-0-20047800-1573614784.jpg

post-165739-0-92174600-1573614798.jpg

normaninvasion

Great finds! I'm going to assume these belonged to the same officer, if these found at the same place? Check for a name on the sweatband. Might be worth it to ask the person who sold them where they came from, to try to pin down the officer.

No names inside either cover. They came from the same family. I do have the last name. Family had a dad in WWII and grandpa in WWI. I was told an interesting story of a doughboy who was severly wounded and the field doctors had written him off due to an evisceration. Grandpa insisted they try and save him and the soldier survived. I have a pair of WWI dog tags apparently belonging to the wounded soldier. I'll post these soon. Maybe someone can find more information on the wounded veteran.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...