Question: Private Purchase boots for Enlisted?

Currently assembling an original full-Kit uniform for a 28th Infantry Division Sergeant display. However, I dont want to pay a ton of money for some original M1904 boots. I may have the opportunity to purchase some Private-purchase US Army Officer Boots from the conflict for a really good price. However, would an enlisted man wear full Officer boots? Or was this usually limited to the higher-ups. Curious if there is any photo evidence.

Looking for:

First World War 339th Infantry Regiment Uniforms

First World War and Interwar Austrian Uniforms, Insignia, and the like

Second World War Sicilian Campaign Named Uniforms (3rd and 45th Infantry Divisions)

Second World War Italian Army Uniforms (4th Infantry Livorno and 12th Infantry Sassari Divisions)

The only enlisted soldiers who wore the high boots would have been cavalry troopers. I would tell you to consider purchasing a pair of reproduction Pershing boots and not worrying about it. the boots will look right and nobody will ever have heartburn with your display if they aren't original.

I guess your other option is to buy the officer boots and then get yourself an officer's uniform to display with them.

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

Seen dispatch riders on motorcycles with tall boots.Cant say if they were issue or commercial models aquired or purchased.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..