Fake 1st ID helmet

mccauslandpara1944

mccauslandpara1944
mccauslandpara1944

Ok what makes it a fake?

As mentioned, the seller is known to misleading fakes under different eBay accounts. One thing that stands out immediately is the rust on the stainless steel rim of the helmet. There shouldnt not be any rust there. The insignia doesnt mix with the rest of the paint, to my view. I personally see too many red flags.

mccauslandpara1944

Check the bid history, likely shill bidding it up

Im sure that tactic reels in some buyers that are skeptical. If the price is high, then it has to be original, right??? Not a chance with this helmet.

Im sure that tactic reels in some buyers that are skeptical. If the price is high, then it has to be original, right??? Not a chance with this helmet.

Or it tricks the people already fooled on this one to increase the amount they spend on it. Auctions with private bids always rub me the wrong way.

You're being way too kind Marty.

Scott you are correct. Theres a special place in H___ for people like this and this is a person that is just pure evil.

Marty

sent a message to him and asked if the helmet was original WW2 and got and answer back "Yes, Why not?"

Not that it would have made a difference, but you might have asked if the First Division insignia was painted on the helmet during WWII.

Cheers!

Steve

Captain Woody

Are there any known examples of any in theatre 1st ID lids that are painted with that lighter green on the shield? Every example I can find is just the red 1 with the black outline

mccauslandpara1944

Looks like it "sold" for $610 and, surprise surprise, it's back up for sale again this morning.

You called it! Shill bidding to drive the price up and it didn't sell. So he is going to try again.

mccauslandpara1944

Are there any known examples of any in theatre 1st ID lids that are painted with that lighter green on the shield? Every example I can find is just the red 1 with the black outline

I have not ever seen one like the fake he is selling. I have seen just a red 1, a red 1 with black lines around it, and I recall seeing a red 1 with white lines as well.