M5 Flak Helmet

thorin6

I haven't seen one of these pop up lately, so thought I'd show my latest acquisition. Picked up this weekend at the NC Flea Market, unfortunately didn't pay a flea market price but still a decent price considering its condition. Virtually unused, as many of these are. I don't think they got a lot of use at the end of WW2. As they say on "American Pickers" the time to buy something is when you see it, and it's the first time I've had the chance to get one. The past month has been good for new pick-ups, I don't really expect the streak to continue. Thanks to this buy, though, I now have a line on the cloth covered flak helmet, so that may come in a couple of months.

post-11546-0-32270200-1573435586_thumb.jpg

And the final shot of the interior, no tears on the webbing. One difference that is noticeable (other than the shape of the ear flaps) when viewed this way is the lack of cork pads that are found on the inside of the ear flaps for the M3 Flak Helmet.

post-11546-0-93362500-1573435995_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I've got a M3 but I still need to pick up a M5 myself. If you don't mind me asking what did you end up paying for this one? I see them pop up on ebay from time to time but I never got a good gauge on what they typically go for.