Look At This Fellas: Ralph Lauren Recycles Military Clothing for Big $$$

I was in a Ralph Lauren shop in Chicago two weeks ago and they were selling some real uniforms in one part of the store. Prices were similarly super high. Saw a legit G1 jacket for $1500. Was maybe a $400 coat at a military show.

I am eagerly collecting Pre-WWII USMC material. Any Marine Corps Span Am era, WWI, Banana Wars, or China Marine related material is especially sought after.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2019.gif

I was in a Ralph Lauren shop in Chicago two weeks ago and they were selling some real uniforms in one part of the store. Prices were similarly super high. Saw a legit G1 jacket for $1500. Was maybe a $400 coat at a military show.

So... maybe the one that was posted here is real and refurbished? Obviously the RL label is bogus, but...

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

So... maybe the one that was posted here is real and refurbished? Obviously the RL label is bogus, but...

Real.…. this is the look the vintage buyers were/are looking for.Used,repaired,damaged lived in look.Then add your high end clothing label

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

The local AN store just sold 100 used shelter halves to a company out West, for a clothing line...be on the lookout...no idea what they plan to make, but they had to be used...no new ones

I was approached about this last week and my go-to guy had already been bought out. If anyone is sitting on 20+ shelter halves for sale I can get you in touch.

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I was approached about this last week and my go-to guy had already been bought out. If anyone is sitting on 20+ shelter halves for sale I can get you in touch.

Too bad the local AN store closed their doors several years ago. They were selling complete tents for $3 (used) $6 (pretty much new condition, not mint but light wear). There were not many takers even at those prices, but no one wants to camp out in one anymore I guess.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Too bad the local AN store closed their doors several years ago. They were selling complete tents for $3 (used) $6 (pretty much new condition, not mint but light wear). There were not many takers even at those prices, but no one wants to camp out in one anymore I guess.

People camp out but they want the latest generation of light weight yet strong portable tents. Rarely do you find someone using Korean War vintage canvas.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

They shoulda went camping with me last winter...shelter halves and casualty sleeping bag...

Old school.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

donation2017.gif

In the late 50's my folks and the 5 of us kids camped in a large military tent. My Dad was in WW2 as a medic and must have been familiar with this type of tent. I'd say it was probably 8' X 12' or so with a heavy pole on each end and a ridge pole down the center. Seven army cots were around the inside walls. The thing was a beast. It's still in the loft over my garage. My family used it once about 25 years ago. When my kids were in scouts we used a Eureka (sp?) tent that probably weighed 5 lbs posts and all. The big old tent is the one I'll always remember though.