Worthy Veterans Charity Recommendations?

mikie

With some previous input from vets here and elsewhere I give regularly to a veteran's charity. But this time of year I like to give a little extra elsewhere to spread things out a little. I'd like to get the best/most for the buck so would like to know if any of the veterans here have any recommendations to worthy organizations that may have helped you out? Either national or local to you is fine.

Thanks,

Mikie

We give to the Marine Raider Foundation: https://marineraiderfoundation.org/

One of my midshipmen (later Marine officer) became part of MARSOC and was shot through the spine in Iraq, leaving him paralyzed from the chest down. Even though he was medically retired from the Corps, the amount of help both he and his family have received from the Foundation is remarkable, as is their level of income to expenses (very low).

Not only do we give to them, but my wife's company also gives to them annually as well, based on the recommendation from my wife.

I'm not a veteran myself, but I'm a son of one, a nephew of many, and personal friend to some. But my admiration and respect for all who have served has no bounds. Thank you and bless you all.

Mikie

Gary Sinise Foundation. It is legit. One of my former NCOs who was seriously wounded in Afghanistan had a house built for him.

Based on personal experiences here, I've sent a donation to The Marine Raider Foundation. I'll look at the list and check out the Gary Sinise Foundation over the weekend.

Best Regards,

Mikie