Where to go in Niagra Falls USA/Canada

I will be visiting Niagara Falls/ Toronto area over Thanksgiving weekend where can I go too get good military items or see some good sights..

It's been probably 45 years since I last visited it, but Old Fort Niagara is pretty neat. I don't think it is too far from the Falls.

Here is a link...https://www.oldfortniagara.org/visitor-information

We visited the Falls itself over Thanksgiving about 20 years ago. It was COLD!

There is lots of War of 1812 history in that area, but I have no idea if any of the sites have parks or memorials.

Mikie

It's been probably 45 years since I last visited it, but Old Fort Niagara is pretty neat. I don't think it is too far from the Falls.

Here is a link...https://www.oldfortniagara.org/visitor-information

We visited the Falls itself over Thanksgiving about 20 years ago. It was COLD!

There is lots of War of 1812 history in that area, but I have no idea if any of the sites have parks or memorials.

Mikie

My mother was a docent at Old Fort Niagara back in the late 1940's.

Across the Niagara River is Old Fort George on the Canadian side. It was built to be a counter point to Fort Niagara. It is an honest to goodness wooden stockade, more typical of old US Cavalry movies.

My aunt (or one of her relatives) was a child on the Canadian side, and lived in a house with an 1812 cannon ball still in the chimney. Lots of 1812 sites as noted.

Ive aleady been to Ft.Niagara, it is cool along with the small lighthouse next to it. But looking for any surplus stores or antique shops near the area.

SoMe good military dealers I know live up that way. Not sure if you could see if you could meet up with them. Seems like there is a gun show around this time as well up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any info you can provide on that show would be appreciated

Appears it isn’t till Dec.7th and 8th. I will keep an eye open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well bad news the museum is going to close November 25 through December 3rd any other ideas

If you head into Canada, the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum is a great place to visit. It is located in Hamilton, Canada.