Dog Tag With RA Number. Please Help ID Army Veteran

mds308

I was wondering if I can get some information. What was the time frame of the RA number and any ideas on the history of my Army Vet? Thanks.

post-165739-0-78491400-1572990304_thumb.jpg

RA is definitely post-war, and the tetanus immunization date is 1950 which is shown as T50.

I can't help with finding more info on this soldier.

Note: Mary was cremated according to her obituary. Since I could find nothing on Find-A-Grave for either Mary or Davis J. McDonell, I'm going to guess Davis was also cremated and their remains might've been kept by the family but I'm not sure.

l18.jpg

I couldn't find anything regarding Davis J. McDonell Jr's military service regarding a division or unit but I thought I'd share his father's service information and little about him that I found.

Source: Find-A-Grave

l3.jpg

Hi Matt,

Thanks for all your help. You have gone above and beyond my expectations. I'll give you an A+++. I would have given you an A++++ but you failed to include Jack Jr's favorite beverage.

Thank you, my friend.

Mike

Posted Today, 07:08 AM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for all your help. You have gone above and beyond my expectations. I'll give you an A+++. I would have given you an A++++ but you failed to include Jack Jr's favorite beverage.

Thank you, my friend.

Mike

You're welcome Mike. I apologize for not finding this sooner but I went back and looked and found this. So, do I get an A++++ now?

Note: Warning, this is only "Fake News".

Source: The Miami Herald / Sunday, January 30, 1947 / Page 1

l1.jpg

That's great. I would have typed sooner but it's hard to type when my eyes are filled with tears from laughter.

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++